Friday, May 7, 2010

40 DAYS OF PRAYER...........Day 10

We are at Day 10 of 40 in our prayer journey with youth groups across the Central Texas Conference. Please join me in today's prayer:


Awesome God, I pray for the empowerment of youth. I pray that youth have the courage to stand up for what they believe in this materialistic society. We are taught to blend in, but Lord all that you offer is not to be kept in. My prayer is that the youth of the United Methodist Church will find the strength to speak out and stand out, among a corrupted society, as a light of hope and transformation. In your son’s precious and Holy name, Amen.

Please read these words carefully; we've discussed various topics the past couple of weeks and this prayer fits very nicely. I pray we all have the strength to continue this spiritual journey as we all prepare for mission trip and the daily pressure to be God-like in a God-forsaken world. I am so proud of Genesis Youth Group and the willingness to step outside our comfort zones and to welcome visitors into the church family. You make this so easy for your Youth Director, I'm so blessed by you!!!
 
Blessings,
Nicole

No comments: