Thursday, April 29, 2010

PRAYER REQUEST

Genesis Youth Group:

We talked about PRAYER last night and I have a very special, very sincere request: please pray for the men of Dotiki Coal Mine in Providence, Kentucky. There was a rock fall and explosion inside the underground mine yesterday and two miners are still trapped. Rescue crews have been on the scene and they are trying to get to the victims, hoping to find them alive.


This is very dear to me, as I am a coal miner's daughter and this is in my hometown area. I have many close friends and extended family who work at Dotiki, as well as other coal mines in the area. My fervent prayer is that the rescue crews will find the miners alive...beaten and bruised, coal miners are a breed of their own. They risk their lives every single day to provide for their families. I'm so thankful for my own Dad and wish I could give him a hug; but I did call him this morning to tell him how much I love him.

Be grateful for your friends and family; hold them close and tell them how much you appreciate them.

Peace and blessings to you all.

Love,
Nicole

1 comment:

Genesis Youth Group said...

Please pray for the families devastated by the Dotiki mine roof collaspe. Justin Travis, 27, and Michael Carter, 28 were identified this afternoon. This is such a terrible, heartbreaking situation. I'm so thankful for my friends and family; I love you all.